Calling all Elementary, Middle and High School Parents!
When: Monday, February 12, 6:30–8:30 PM
Where: Mission Hills Christian School
29582 Aventura, Rancho Santa Margarita
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smart phone?
According to the Pew Research Center, nearly three-quarters of teens have a smartphone. And, that figure is probably higher for teens living in our community. Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships; however, it can also expose our children to risk.
We are excited to have Clayton Cranford, cyber safety expert and Orange County Sheriff Sergeant to help us navigate this very important subject. He created Cyber Safety Cop, an Internet and social media safety program. It teaches parents and students how to avoid the inherent risks of social media and other web based platforms by knowing the danger signs and using safe practices.
Clay Cranford will discuss:
- Current impact of bullying in schools
- Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
- Risks associated with popular social media sites
- "Sexting" and online predators
- How to set expectations and consequences
- How to monitor online activity
- How to talk to your child about pornography
- Parental controls and privacy settings
THIS PRESENTATION IS FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE PRESENTATION.