Welcome to Mission Hills Christian School, a religious, non-profit corporation. Thank you for your interest in this vital ministry. Employment opportunities exist for highly qualified Christian educators who desire to prepare Generation Z to become godly leaders and role models among their peers.
For more than 35 years, MHCS has been developing students in grades preschool through eight into thriving disciples of Christ.
THE ADMINISTRATION, FACULTY AND STAFF AGREE THAT MISSION HILLS IS:
- A place to fulfill our God-given calling.
- A friendly, close-knit community that strives to live an authentic life of faith.
- A school that offers a supportive work environment that feels like a family.
- A school where teachers are given the opportunity to be creative in the classroom.
- A school where our contributions, gifts and abilities are valued and appreciated.
- A school that provides opportunities to collaborate to improve our professional skills.
- A school where the administration, faculty and staff willingly work together for the benefit of the students.
- A school that recognizes the value of small class sizes with a maximum of 24 students.
- A school in which we teach the Bible, pray daily, openly share our faith and lead students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A school that is intentional about influencing and discipling a new generation of world-changers for Christ.
THOSE WHO THRIVE AT MISSION HILLS WILL:
- Possess an authentic faith in Jesus Christ and hold to the statement of faith of MHCS. They are called to the ministry of Christian education and are active in personal Bible study, growth, and Christian service.
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude reflected by professionalism and high level of customer service.
- Exhibit genuine care and concern for others. Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Be a team-player.
- Be proactive and willing to take on new approaches and challenges.
- Teach all subjects through a biblical worldview.
- Use effective classroom management that engages students in learning. They will demonstrate mastery of effective instructional strategies and will possess excellent command of subject matter.
- Manage time and resources effectively, making the most of every opportunity to support student learning.
- Demonstrate gracious, thorough, timely and proactive communication habits. They will respect confidentiality and will actively listen to students, parents and colleagues.
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful man through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost- they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the literal existence of both heaven and hell.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited four-year college or university
- Complete all necessary professional testing – CBEST, CSET and RICA
- Valid California teaching credential
- For our Early Education program 12 ECE core units are required
- Minimum of two years of classroom experience as the lead teacher
The application process begins by:
- Submitting your current, professional resume
- Submit cover letter
- Listing 3 references – one pastor or ministry leader, one professional and one personal
- Including a handwritten explanation of your journey of faith in Christ, your Christian testimony, on a separate sheet of paper
- Email all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Hills Christian School is looking for the highly qualified teachers, called by God, to fill the following positions for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Substitute Teacher
MHCS accepts applications for substitute teachers on an ongoing basis. Those desiring to sub in grades K-8 must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a four-year college degree
- Passed the CBEST
- Submit a cover letter and resume
Those desiring to sub in our three-year old class or junior kindergarten must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully completed 12 Early Childhood Education units from an accredited or approved college or university
- Possess at least six months work experience in a licensed child care center
- Submit a cover letter and resume
Upon review of this information, the applicant will be contacted via email with further information regarding the next steps in the process.
Employment at Mission Hills Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, sex (gender), national or ethnic origin, color, age or disability. Mission Hills Christian School is a religious educational ministry, permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion. All prospective and current employees must agree with Mission Hills Christian School’s mission statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school’s statement of faith and the school’s declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity.
Please send correspondence to:
Mission Hills Christian School
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
Attn: Employment Opportunities