WELCOME MHCS FAMILIES
Thank you for supporting our “A Night to Remember” Gala on Friday, March 31, 2017, at the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort in Dana Point.
For 37 years, Mission Hills has provided students with a quality education based on academic excellence with a biblical foundation of truth, faith, and dependence on God. Our graduates are prepared for further education and for life with strong moral character and a commitment to excellence. To celebrate this legacy and share our message about the importance of Christian education and godly character development, we are hosting the “A Night to Remember” Gala.
WHAT TO EXPECT
“A Night To Remember” will be an exciting evening of fun, sharing, and entertainment. We have planned an incredible event at the beautiful Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort, an exquisite three-course dinner, featuring live music provided by the house band for American Idol, fabulous live and silent auction prizes, interactive entertainment throughout the night, and a celebration of Mission Hills Christian School’s 37-year legacy as a leading provider of primary education in the Saddleback Valley.
An exciting silent and live auction and a financial appeal will be conducted to benefit our Scholarship Program and MHCS Saints Annual Fund that benefits all of the students at Mission Hills.
While tuition provides the majority of our operating revenue, we rely on additional donations and support throughout the year to bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of a Mission Hills education. Donations from events such as our annual Gala help to fund our Variable Tuition Assistance program and enables us to offer enhanced programs and experiences to our students.
The goal of this event is to engage with new friends who will partner with Mission Hills in the important work God has called us to do. Friendraising, as opposed to fundraising, seeks to attract people to be strategic partners in our ministry. Our friendraising goals for the Gala include:
- Developing ongoing relationships with “partners” – not donors.
- Sharing our message about the importance of Christian education and godly character development of children.
- Engaging new individuals outside of our pool of parent families who care about children and want to invest in their future by supporting Christian education.
- Utilizing the power of personal connection to involve new people in our mission to “train up and lead children in the way they should go.”
- Inviting guests outside of our Mission Hills families to come at no charge so they don’t feel like they’ve already donated to the school by buying a ticket to attend.
- Growing partners who support our school because they identify with the work God has called us to do and want to be a part of a solution that provides students with an education based on academic excellence with a biblical foundation of truth, faith, and dependence on God.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We are asking you to be part of this school-wide initiative in one or more of the following ways.
- JOIN US for an incredible red carpet evening of fun, fellowship, and entertainment as we come together to support the important ministry of Mission Hills Christian School and celebrate a 37-year legacy of inspiring children to become world-changers for Jesus. The cost to attend is $175 per person. But because we are committed to sharing our vision and inviting new people to join us in this important work, we are providing attendance to the Gala on a complimentary basis for MHCS parents who serve as a Group Host and bring guests from outside of our pool of current school families ($350 value). If you would like to register to attend, please contact us.
- Serving as a GROUP HOST does not require you to purchase a table. We are asking Group Hosts to invite three to four couples from your personal/ professional network. We are looking for friends, business associates, church and community leaders, and philanthropists with a concern to protect children and the capacity to give. Read about this program here. As a Group Host the cost to attend the event for you and all of your guests is waived!
- VOLUNTEERING to help us solicit auction items, secure sponsors, plan the evening, and helping with onsite setup, welcome, registration, and logistics. It is a great way support Mission Hills while being a part of a wonderful event. Please email us if you would like more information on serving as a gala volunteer.
- Secure a SPONSOR. Sponsorships range from $1,000 for a food sponsorship up to the Title Sponsorship of the Gala. If your company or a local business you work with are interested in supporting children and benefiting from branding their organization as a supporter of Christian education, please contact us. Visit our Sponsor Options Page for a full list of sponsorship opportunities.
- Soliciting AUCTION ITEMS and Giveaway Donations for our silent and live auction from your contacts and local businesses. We have created an Auction Item Request Package for you to download and use when approaching businesses. Please email us if you are planning to contact specific businesses so we avoid contacting the same place twice.
Every family can do something. No act of service or donation is too small. It would be wonderful to have 100% of our Mission Hills families participate! For more information or to volunteer, email us at MHCSgala@gmail.com. Your participation will benefit students now and in the future.
We are so grateful for God’s continued provision for MHCS and pray that He will bless your family as He blesses our school.