Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS) seeks to partner with families who desire for their children an education that integrates strong academics with a Christian worldview. To this end, at least one parent must affirm a personal commitment to the Christian faith and the purposes of Christian education.
Requirements for Admission
Enrollment is offered only after the following admissions requirements are completed and approval of the administration is given:
- Completion of an On-line Application
- Submission of satisfactory academic and behavioral records from child’s previous school.
- Completion of school readiness assessment by Chancy & Bruce (for students entering JK & K) or MHCS faculty member (for students entering 1st – 8th).
- Family Interview with MHCS administration.
Placement of Students
Mission Hills Christian School is committed to the educational welfare of each student and recognizes that each one is uniquely created by God. Throughout the admissions process, our administration seeks to understand each child’s learning needs and to assess his/her academic and developmental readiness to succeed at the grade level for which they are applying. As appropriate, MHCS may recommend that a student repeat a particular grade or that a student be referred to another educational institution where the specific needs of that student will be more effectively served.
Preschool: Must be 3 years old by September 1
Junior Kindergarten: Must be 4 years old by September 1
Kindergarten: Must be 5 years old by September 1
Re-enrollment for current MHCS students begins in January. Open enrollment for new students begins February 1. Eligible students will be accepted in the following order:
- Children of MHCS staff members
- Siblings of currently enrolled students (MHCS seeks to admit an entire family at the earliest possible time)
Step 1 – Student Application
Click here to apply on-line. A $100 application deposit is required along with your application and may be mailed or hand-delivered to the school office at 29582 Aventura, RSM, 92688.
The following required forms may be emailed, mailed, or hand-delivered to the school office:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of immunization record (please contact physician to ensure immunizations are current)
- Copy of preschool progress report or report cards (current and previous 2 years)
- Copy of all available standardized achievement test scores(grades 1-8)
- Family photo (for identification purposes)
Step 2 – Assessment
Students entering junior kindergarten or kindergarten will be given a readiness assessment administered by Chancy & Bruce Educational Resources. Contact the Admissions office for on-campus testing dates. Students entering grades 1-8 will be given an assessment test administered by school faculty.
Step 3 – Interview
Once all necessary forms are received and the student has been assessed, one of our Administrators will meet with you for a Family Interview to include the student as well as parents/guardians.
Step 4 – Acceptance Status
After steps 1-3 have been completed, the Admissions Review Committee will review the applicant’s file. You will be notified shortly thereafter of the Admissions Review Committee’s decision regarding enrollment.