Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS) seeks to partner with families who desire for their children an education that integrates strong academics with a Christian worldview. To this end, at least one parent must affirm a personal commitment to the Christian faith and the purposes of Christian education.
Requirements for Admission
Enrollment is final only after the following admissions requirements are completed and approval of the administration is given:
1. Application fee of $75 along with all necessary forms signed and submitted (detailed list below).
2. Submission of satisfactory academic and behavioral records from child’s previous school.
3. Completion of school readiness assessment by Chancy & Bruce (for students entering JK & K) or MHCS faculty member (for students entering 1st-8th).
4. Family Interview with MHCS administration.
Placement of Students
Mission Hills Christian School is committed to the educational welfare of each student and recognizes that each one is uniquely created by God. Throughout the admissions process, our administration seeks to understand each child’s learning needs and to assess his/her academic and developmental readiness to succeed at the grade level for which they are applying. As appropriate, MHCS may recommend that a student repeat a particular grade or that a student be referred to another educational institution where the specific needs of that student will be more effectively served.
Junior Kindergarten 4 years old by June 30
Kindergarten 5 years old by September 1
Re-enrollment for current MHCS students begins in January. Open enrollment for new students begins February 1. Eligible students will be accepted in the following order:
1. Children of MHCS or MHCC staff members
2. Siblings of currently enrolled students (MHCS seeks to admit an entire family at the earliest possible time)
3. Children of MHCC church families
4. Children of non-MHCC church families
Acceptance of new students is based upon space availability, class make up, academic and social readiness, and recommendations from pastor, family friend and/or previous teacher. Where classroom space is unavailable, a student meeting the factors listed will be placed in a “PRIORITY WAIT POOL” in the order his/her application was received.
Step 1. Student Application
The following forms and fee must accompany the application:
· $75 non-refundable application fee per student
· New Student and Parent Profile (available from the school office or CLICK HERE)
· Copy of birth certificate
· Copy of immunization record (please contact physician to ensure immunizations are current)
· Copy of preschool progress report or report cards (current and previous 2 years)
· Copy of most recent standardized achievement test scores(grades 1-8)
· Family photo (for identification purposes)
Step 2. Assessment
Students entering junior kindergarten or kindergarten will be given a readiness assessment administered by Chancy & Bruce Educational Resources. Students entering grades 1-8 will be given an assessment test administered by school faculty.
Step 3. Interview
Once all necessary forms are received and the student has been assessed, one of our Administrators will meet with you for a Family Interview to include the student as well as parents/guardians.
Step 4. Acceptance Status
After steps 1-3 have been completed, the Admissions Review Committee will review the applicant’s file. You will be notified shortly thereafter regarding your child’s acceptance status.