Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS) exists to serve families who desire for their children an education that is distinctly Christian. To this end, we provide a biblically integrated academic program in a godly and loving classroom environment and a safe campus setting. Qualified and committed faculty and staff train students to identify and achieve their God-given potential.
- We envision graduates who possess an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ that results in faithful commitment to a life of Christian discipleship.
- We envision graduates who have developed their critical thinking abilities because academic success should not be limited to the mere retention and recitation of facts. Graduates are equipped to successfully navigate the academic challenges that await them in high school and beyond.
- We envision graduates whose appreciation of biblical truth extends beyond its content to include its application. They demonstrate wisdom by allowing biblical principles to guide them in their decision making.
- We envision graduates who are oriented toward the needs of others. As citizens of God’s kingdom, they commit themselves to that life of service which results in lasting impact and eternal significance.
- We envision graduates whose attitudes and actions demonstrate respect for God, authority and their peers.
- We envision graduates who understand that their bodies are temples in which the Holy Spirit dwells. They value recreation and fitness, relational purity and responsible lifestyle choices.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful man through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost- they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the literal existence of both heaven and hell.
- We believe in the spiritual unity and community of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
At Mission Hills Christian School, spiritual formation is woven through every aspect of our program. In the classroom, in extracurricular programs, and in student activities, students are encouraged to know Christ and to grow in their relationship with Him. Our teachers, who are all committed Christians, model a Christian walk before their students. The Bible is taught as a core subject at all grade levels. Students are trained in righteousness according to the scriptures (II Tim. 3:16), learning to hide God’s Word in their hearts through ongoing memorization. Students also learn to apply the scriptures to their daily circumstances as they study the lessons of the Word. God’s Word informs the teaching of all subjects in order to instill a biblical worldview in each student.
A nurturing environment for students and families:
Students thrive when they know they are safe, loved, and valued as individuals. At Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS), students are encouraged, mentored, and challenged to be all that God wants them to be by teachers who actively model discipleship. Our faculty and staff are qualified and experienced educators as well as committed Christians. They bring to the classroom a love for the Lord, a love of teaching, and a love for their students. And it shows.
Mission Hills Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.